“As Wechat is one of the social network apps that I used to connect with all my colleagues, so I would like to transfer them to my PC as my backup. Some of the contents inside are important, is there any way to transfer Wechat messages? Thank you. I’m using iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1 and a Mac user.” –Lucy.
Do you ever have question like user above regarding transferring important Wechat messages to Mac? Wechat has become increasingly important in our daily life to connect with our family, friends and colleagues. When it comes to important messages, you might only can screenshot and save it on your phone. Is that any way better than that? Of course YES! When you still wondering how to backup important Wechat messages to Mac, this article is absolutely helpful for you. Here will provide you a tutorial to save Wechat messages to Mac as backup with only few simple clicks. Keep reading.
The Tools We Need:
In order to begin to backup important Wechat messages to Mac, you will need a third party software and in here I’d recommend iFonebox. Why?
- Export and backup Wechat messages to your Mac.
- Retrieve deleted or lost Wechat messages, Wechat attachments and Wechat contacts from iPhone directly.
- iFonebox also can help to recover lost messages, notes, contacts, whatsApp messages etc.
- Supports to extract and restore from iTunes and iCloud files selectively.
- Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- USB cable
- Download and install iFonebox software based on your current computer, either Windows version or Mac version.
How To Transfer Important Wechat Messages To Mac As Backup?
- Run iFonebox. Select “Recover from iOS device” mode on the interface. Connect your iPhone with USB cable, bear in mind that you will require to tap “Trust the computer” on iPhone screen if this is the first time you connect your iPhone to the Mac. Next, click “Start” to begin.
- Scan Wechat Messages from iPhone. Click on “Wechat Messages” under “Text Data” column and start scanning and analysis. PS: Scanning time will be longer if you have large data in your iPhone.
- Preview and Select the messages to backup. After scanning done, you will be able to preview the scanned messages. Just select those Wechat messages you want to transfer and backup, click “Recover to Mac” to save them to your Mac from iPhone.
By now, your Wechat messages will be saved and backup successfully on your Mac. If you are a Windows user, you may also can download Windows version of iFonebox and using the same steps to transfer important Wechat messages via iFonebox.